|Department: Snowsports School|
The Instructor will provide quality ski instruction to groups and individuals in a safe and fun manner while upholding the highest levels of guest safety on various high- altitude terrains and with varying winter weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Can clearly and accurately instruct assigned ski levels to students in alignment with Lee Canyon and PSIA/AASI teaching standards.
Can assist with non-teaching guest service functions including but not limited to boot fitting, snow removal, snow fencing and on hill animation.
Will attend all training sessions as assigned.
Have excellent guest service skills and be willing to work with guests of all ages from 3 years old to adult.
Works well on a team.
Must be fluent in all aspects of the English language (spoken & written).
Can assist in all base area and mountain activities which may include snow removal, trash removal and any other duties as assigned by manager.
Is able to pass pre-employment screening.
Can work comfortably with various cultures and ages in a team environment.
Has a clean and welcoming Appearance .
Is able to safely navigate uneven and slippery terrain.
Has reliable transportation to be able to carpool/commute.
Has use of their own ski boots, skis, ski poles, helmet, gloves and eye protection.
Strict adherence to all State and Federal employment laws, Company policies and Safety Standards.
Other duties as assigned.
• Is honest and has the highest integrity.
• Is Supportive of the Resorts Mission, Vision and Core Values.
• Is able to handle and manage confidential information.
• Is someone who has a fun, dynamic, energetic, and positive personality and constantly strives to be the best.
• Is willing to suggest and support new and innovative ideas
• Is organized and sees projects through to the finish. Has good follow-through and makes it a habit of getting back to people on issues.
• Can handle a fast-pace and potentially high pressure work environment.
• Is flexible with hours and days of work, and is able to work holidays, weekends, and all weather conditions.
PSIA/AASI - 1st, 2nd or 3rd Level certification.
Previous experience with teaching/coaching/mentoring.
Previous ski/snowboard instructor experience.
Knowledge of local area/resort.
Caring for and/or working with children ages 3yrs. +
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50-LBS and carry 50 yards.
• Must be able to work in a standing position for up to 8 hours.
• Must be able to work outside in temperature below 32 degrees for up to 8 hours.
• Ski Experience and Ability: Must have at least Intermediate skiing or snowboarding ability.
Please be aware that incomplete applications will not be considered